Wednesday, May 22, 2013

The crazy happenings going on at Into the Night Reviews or Heather's ramblings..

As many of you know (or don't know) I published my first book on May 2nd. Yay!! Okay, having said that, I've been a bit absent from the blog and I hate that with a passion! I have so missed you guys and wanted to let you all know what's been going on.


First, my Author friends; I have missed you all something fierce and will be spending all summer reading, reviewing and making it up to you all. But, I did leave you in very capable hands, my new blog partner Tami. The best way to describe it is Tami is the jelly and I'm the peanut butter and we just mesh well. Yeah, horrible analogy but it's what I've got and hopefully you catch my drift. She has been able to help when I couldn't and she's just an all around sweet heart and I'm glad to have her as my friend! Between my kids, baseball, my job and the book, time has just not allowed me a whole lot of reading time. 


Some of you know I work in a high school kitchen and it's a really hard job. I left a high paying job to be able to spend more time with my kids. (The things we do for our children).  It's definitely not a rewarding job and a lot of times you are treated like poo by some of the staff. However, I love my high school kids and feel like I'm making some what of a difference. Yes, even in a kitchen. I make a point to smile at each and every one. I may be the only adult to physically take the time to look them straight in the eye and smile. That is the rewarding part. I have kids that make a point of coming to see me daily and come in to say good bye at the end of summer. I will miss my seniors that are going on to bigger and better things. 


Now we've FINALLY reached summer, where I will have the whole two months off! Let the choir sing!! What will I be doing this summer? Well it's funny you asked... I will be spending it writing my second book in the series titled Heartstrings, that hopefully will be released in early August AND I'll be back on schedule with blogging. That makes me happy, like rediculously so. The books I'll get to read and catch up on. I seriously can't wait!! While my kids will be swimming, I'll be lounging in the sun with a book or kindle in hand. 


Now for the fun part. Tami and I are in the process of getting a giveaway together of our favorite books so far in 2013. Wahoo!! I do have some catching up to do though, so be patient with me. ;) I would also love if you all would leave some comments of what some of YOUR favorite books have been so far this year.


Something new I want to start doing is, once a week I want to hi-lite an Author and spend the whole week pimping them. Of course we will also continue supporting other's as well. But I thought it would be fun to have you as the reader's involved. Those that pimped the best would receive some special swag and or gift. I'm still working out the details, but I would love to hear your thoughts. Is this something that you as a reader and a lover of books like to be involved in?


I absolutely love conversing with you guys and comments are always appreciated and fun. Thanks for taking the time to read my ramblings!


We appreciate you guys and thanks for your support!!

<3

Heather

No comments:

Post a Comment