Wednesday, January 9, 2013

My review of MERCY, A Gargoyle Story








I am reeling from just finishing this book. My eyes are wet and I want to cry some more. The words are I'm trying to type are having an extremely difficult time coming out to explain how I feel. Please bare with me... From the very first page I felt as if I was transported to another place and another time. It flowed like a poem. Please be patient as it does give you allot of information that you do not understand at first. However, hang tight, because you do get there and you completely start to get it and see the flow and understanding of what Misty presents. Mercy had so many different meanings & layers throughout the whole book. There is so much to take from it. You have a girl who is so desperate to have love and be loved. Who went through a horrific experience, to be thrown out and feel so desperate that she would throw her own life away and beg to die. I found myself heartbroken for this poor beautiful girl that truly had know one to love her. That saw her surface, her beauty as the only redeeming quality. I'm not sure I have felt such rawness and pain in a book that made me feel in "the" moment. Misty does not sugarcoat things. She lays them all out for you and makes you feel. This is such a different and unique and beautifully written book. I'm sorry if my review is not helpful to you. I may have to come back and revise after I have had more time to think about it. I highly recommend it and I do believe you will take something from it as I have!

No comments:

Post a Comment